Thursday, March 21, 2013

Officially Official

As of this morning, I am now officially a Conelly.

(Yes, that's a sticky note. I didn't feel like sharing my driver's license info across the interwebs.)

On Tuesday afternoon, I took a long lunch and went over to the Social Security office, hoping against hope that I wouldn't have to wait too long. I was only there for about 40 minutes, which I think is pretty good compared to how long it could have been.

Then, after finally getting a second piece of mail as proof of my address, I went to the driver license office this morning before work. Let me tell you, getting there as close to when they open as possible is the way to go. I was in and out in less than half an hour. It was a pretty painless process. Even though they ended up not even needing my proof of address, which means I waited for no reason. Oh well.

I'm mostly just glad the most annoying name changes are done. Now I just have to figure out my credit cards and bank account, which hopefully won't be nearly as difficult. It will be nice when everything is taken care of and I don't have to figure out which name I'm using for what.

1 comment:

Jeanine's blog said...

Hey! You now have a middle name!