Friday, March 29, 2013

Bittersweet

Well, this is it. My last day at KLAS. It's a little surreal to me. I've been working here since January of 2009, right after I graduated from BYU. It feels like I've been here forever.

I've been packing up my desk, and it looks so sad and empty now that my pictures and everything have been taken down.


I've never been so sad to leave a job. The last two jobs I left were fast food and maintenance, so I can't exactly say that I enjoyed what I was doing. But at KLAS, I was editing. I was working in my field, and though I didn't always enjoy my job, I always enjoyed working with my coworkers.

I think that's why I'm so sad; I don't want to leave the friends I've made here. But I know that it's the right thing to do. I'm nervous as all get out to start my job on Monday, but I know it will be a good opportunity for me. I'll still be using my editing skills, and I'll also be using the healthcare knowledge I've gained at KLAS over the last 4+ years. In fact, I'm pretty sure that experience is the main reason I got this job in the first place.

So now I bid farewell to a place that has been very good to me and head on to a new adventure.

No comments: