Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Books of 2013

Every year on Goodreads, which is a website that I am a huge fan of, you can set a goal for how many books you want to read. I love doing this because I want to be reading as much as I can every year, and it's really fun to keep track and see how many I've read compared to previous years.

For 2013, I made the goal of reading 40 books. All told, I ended up 44, which I think is pretty impressive. It is true that some of them were novellas, meaning they were short and I read them in one sitting, but there are plenty of others with enough bulk to make up for the lightweights. I also included the ones I invested a good amount of time in without finishing.

Anyway, here is the full list of the books I read in 2013. The "Book List" tab will now restart for 2014. I'm excited about the books I might discover this year.
  1. The Guardian by Gerald Lund (Unfortunately, I couldn't bring myself to finish this. It was a really weird book. And Gerald Lund is too old to be writing from a 16-year-old girl's perspective. He just couldn't pull it off.)
  2. Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura #3) by Jonathan Maberry (This was intense. I read nearly 400 pages in one night.)
  3. The Amulet of Samarkand (The Bartimaeus Trilogy #1) by Jonathan Stroud
  4. Isolation by Dan Wells
  5. Between Husband & Wife by Stephen E. Lamb
  6. The Golem's Eye (The Bartimaeus Trilogy #2) by Jonathan Stroud
  7. Ptolemy's Gate (The Bartimaeus Trilogy #3) by Jonathan Stroud
  8. Zorro by Isabel Allende
  9. Change the Culture, Change the Game by Roger Connors and Tom Smith (I had to read this for work, and it's terrible and pointless.)
  10. Fragments (Partials Sequence #2) by Dan Wells
  11. A Night of Blacker Darkness by Dan Wells
  12. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
  13. Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth
  14. Free Four (Divergent #1.1) by Veronica Roth
  15. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
  16. Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
  17. The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain #1) by Lloyd Alexander
  18. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling
  19. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling
  20. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) by J.K. Rowling
  21. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling
  22. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J.K. Rowling
  23. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) by J.K. Rowling
  24. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling
  25. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  26. The Rithmatist (Rithmatist #1) by Brandon Sanderson
  27. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  28. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
  29. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
  30. Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie
  31. Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie
  32. Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie
  33. The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns #1) by Rae Carson
  34. The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns #2) by Rae Carson
  35. Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu
  36. Night by Elie Wiesel
  37. Variant (Variant #1) by Robison Wells
  38. Feedback (Variant #2) by Robison Wells
  39. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
  40. Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu
  41. Fire & Ash (Benny Imura #4) by Jonathan Maberry
  42. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  43. The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson
  44. The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
  45. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

No comments: